Access to Lefkada for the visitor is a process that can be done easily and in various ways. Specifically, one can come to the island:
• Lefkada is the only island which can be visited by car without ferry costs by using the floating bridge that connects the island with Akarnania. KTEL buses offer daily 5 times (5 hours) from and to Athens (378 km.) And from to Thessaloniki (420 km.) Perform one route (5 hours) daily.
• The underwater tunnel of Preveza-Aktion makes it easy to access the island from northwest Greece and the port of Igoumenitsa (100 km.), Which is a major gateway to Western and Central Europe.
• The operation of the Rio-Antirio makes easier the connection of the island with the rest of Greece and the port of Patra (170 km.), Which is the second major gateway to Europe.
• From Athens there are daily flights from the international airport of Aktion, which is just 18 km. From the town of Lefkada while from Thessaloniki flying twice a week. Intermediate stations are Corfu, Kefalonia and Zakynthos.
• Also connecting flights twice weekly with Crete (Sitia).
• From April to October there are direct flights to Aktion and Europe.
• From Lefkada town follow the road to Apolpaina, Tsoukalades and Saint Nikitas.
Find us with GOOGLE MAPS by clicking here: